COVID-19 Vaccinations - Please read!
Many people are phoning the surgery to ask about when they will be able to have their COVID-19 vaccination.
The staff at the surgery will not be able to provide this information and we would politely ask that you do not phone the surgery.
Linthorpe surgery is working with a group of 13 practices aiming to vaccinate up to 15,000 people by the end of February.
We are now receiving a regular supply of vaccinations. In line with government advice, we are only able to offer the vaccination to patients in the top four priority groups. You do not need to phone the surgery - the practice will contact you!
The practice will make contact over the next 4-6 weeks with patients in the following groups:
1. All care home residents and staff working in care homes
2. Over 80s and Health and Social Care workers
3. Over 75s
4. Over 70s
Based on the current supply, we would estimate that everyone in these four groups should be offered a vaccination before the end of February.
Other individuals not included in these four groups will be offered a vaccine after this date but we are not able to provide any information at present. We will continue to update the information here as and when it becomes available.
Thank you for your patience.
Other information: please do not attend the GP surgery without a confirmed appointment
All GP practices across the UK are operating a telephone triage system.
We're calling it 'Phone First'
The vast majority of appointments will be carried out over the telephone first of all.
You will still be able to arrange a 'routine appointment' - but this will take place by phone first of all.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
You will NOT BE ABLE TO COLLECT the following items from reception:
1. Paper prescriptions
- ALL prescriptions will be sent electronically to a pharmacy of your choice.
- If you have not nominated a pharmacy, then please see our PRESCRIPTION page for more information
- The quickest way to nominate a pharmacy is TO CONTACT THE PHARMACY directly and they will ensure your records are updated
- Please do not not contact the surgery to nominate a pharmacy and contact the pharmacy directly instead
2. Medical Certificates (Med 3) / Fit-notes / 'Sick-notes'
- Please see our Services page for more information
- ALL letters will be emailed or posted to you (if requested and a stamp-addressed enveloped provided)
Dropping off samples, prescription requests or any other information
We will be be providing a facility at the front door of each surgery to enable you to drop off forms, letters, or any other information you want to pass on to the surgery. Please label all correspondence clearly with your name, address and date of birth.
We will be providing a secure facility at the front door to allow you to drop off a sample that the GP has requested (e.g. urine sample).
- You will no longer be able to come and collect the Medical Certificate (Med 3 / Fit-note / 'Sick-note') from the surgery
- Please PHONE FIRST and speak to a care navigator or complete an on-line E-CONSULT FORM
- ALL FIT-NOTES WILL BE EMAILED TO YOU
- If you do not have an email address, then alternatively you can provide a stamped addressed envelope and post this with your request IN THE SURGERY POSTBOX OUTSIDE. Please DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING
- For advice regarding self-certification due to self-isolation or COVID-19 infection, please see
- For more information please see:
(Site updated 21/01/2021)