COVID-19 & Ordering your Prescriptions
You will no longer be able to come to the surgery to request your prescription
There are FOUR ways you can order your prescription as follows:
1. NHS APP
2. SystemOne Online
- If you have a PC at home but not a smartphone, then sign up for SystemOne online. This will allow you to see your regular prescriptions and order them online.
- To sign up, you will need a username and password. Please use the e-consult form to request a username and password or phone the surgery and speak to a member of the prescription team who will help you.
- DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY to request access to SystemOne online. We will arrange this over the telephone or by email
3. By leaving request in the SURGERY POSTBOX - please DO NOT COME INTO THE SURGERY
- You are still able to send your written request in by using the surgery postbox.
- Using the white repeat prescription list (the white tear-off slip on the right of your prescription), indicate which prescriptions you require and POST THIS IN THE SURGERY LETTERBOX.
- We will arrange an electronic prescription to be sent to your nominated pharmacy.
4. By Phone
- If you do not have a PC or smartphone then, as a temporary measure, please phone the surgery and press 2 for the prescription team.
- This line is very busy and is prioritised for patients who are vulnerable or elderly.
- If you have access to a PC or Smartphone, then please follow instructions in (1) and (2) above. This would help us during this very busy time.
It is ESSENTIAL that you nominate a pharmacy now!
Phase 4 of electronic prescribing has now been rolled out across the country, this means that we can no longer issue prescriptions on paper
This will significantly ease pressure on our services and make it much easier for you to receive your prescription
This will allow us to send an electronic prescription to a pharmacy of your choice
You will no longer be able to collect a paper-prescription from the surgery
Please contact the pharmacy directly and they can nominate on your behalf. DO NOT contact the surgery to do this. The pharmacy is able to arrange this for you.
Below is a list of the pharmacies local to the surgery, with contact numbers, website addresses and information on delivery services.
Please contact any of these pharmacies if you wish to nominate them for electronic prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Have you run out of medication?
- Don’t worry you can go to your local pharmacy and ask them to supply you with an emergency supply until you receive your prescription from ourselves in 2 working days’ time.
- The pharmacy may charge you for this, however they will reimburse you. Please ask your local pharmacy for details.